The Lawyer magazine has revealed its Top 20 Cases and Top 15 Appeals of 2021, in total, 9 members are involved across 6 cases.
The cases highlighted in the Top 20 Cases include:
- R (Heathrow Airport) v Her Majesty’s Treasury and HMRC (Naina Patel)
- Skatteforvaltningen (the Danish Customs and Tax Administration) v Solo Capital Partners LLP (in Special Administration) and ors (Andrew Hunter QC)
- Eurasian Natural Resources Corporation Limited v Serious Fraud Office, Dechert and Neil Gerrard (James Segan QC, Tom Richards, George Molyneaux and Tom Lowenthal)
- Meghan Markle v Associated Newspapers (Ian Mill QC)
The cases featured in the 15 Top Appeals include:
- Efobi v Royal Mail Group Ltd (Navid Pourghazi)
- Banco Central de Venezuela (BCV) and The Governor and Company of the Bank of England (Brian Kennelly QC)
The Lawyer recorded that of the 347 cases to be heard in the Court of Appeal last year, Landmark Chambers was the busiest set with 43 instructions, followed closely by Blackstone Chambers.