The Lawyer magazine has revealed its Top 20 Cases and Top 15 Appeals of 2020, heralding Blackstone Chambers as “the busiest set in the Supreme Court.”
In total, 16 members of Chambers are involved across 10 cases.
The cases featured in the 15 Top Appeals include:
- R (Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants) v Secretary of State for the Home Department (Sir James Eadie QC, David Pievsky and David Lowe)
- Mastercard / Visa – Interchange Fee Litigation (Dinah Rose QC, Brian Kennelly QC and Jason Pobjoy)
- Ministry of Defence & Support for Armed Force of the Islamic Republic of Iran (MODSAF) v International Military Services Limited (Dinah Rose QC and Jason Pobjoy)
The cases highlighted in the Top 20 Cases include:
- Michael O’Higgins FX Class Representative Ltd; Phillip Evans FX Claim UK; Allianz Global Investors GmbH & Ors v Barclays Bank plc, Citibank N.A, JPMorgan Chase & Co & Ors (Dinah Rose QC, Brian Kennelly QC and Paul Luckhurst)
- PCP Capital Partners LLP, PCP International Finance Limited v Barclays Bank plc (Robert Weekes)
- Municipio De Mariana & Ors v BHP Group (Shaheed Fatima QC)
- Mamadou Sakho and MS Pop Limited v World Anti-Doping Agency (Ian Mill QC and Shane Sibbel)
- National Grid and Scottish Power v ABB, Prysmian, NKT, Safran & Ors (Tristan Jones)
- Benyatov v Credit Suisse (Paul Goulding QC)
- Public Institution for Social Security of Kuwait v Man Group PLC plus 37 other defendants (Tom Weisselberg QC, Tom Richards, Robert Weekes and Gayatri Sarathy)
The Lawyer’s complete Top 20 Cases list can be found here.
The Lawyer’s complete Top 15 Appeals list can be found here.